The Umbrella License provides annual copyright coverage for more than 1,000 rights holders, including children’s, independent, television, special interest, international, and Spanish language producers with only a few title exclusions. Do your schools already have a license with another vendor? You still need the Umbrella License. Multiple licenses are needed to ensure broad coverage for a variety of rights holders and protect against copyright infringement. Download the complete rights holder list.
Renewal Coverage for 20th Century Fox?
MPLC’s coverage of 20th Century Fox under the Umbrella License for K-12 Public and Private Secular Day Schools has been affected by the recent acquisition of 20th Century Fox by the Walt Disney Company.
- If your renewal license has a start date on or after October 12, 2020 your license no longer includes coverage for 20th Century Fox and its affiliated labels.
- If your renewal license has a start date prior to October 12, 2020 your school will retain coverage for 20th Century Fox and its affiliated labels for the duration of the current license term.Thereafter, 20th Century Fox and its affiliated labels will not be covered under your license.
- New licenses issued on or after September 1, 2020 do not include 20th Century Fox.
Affiliated 20th Century Fox labels include:
- 20th Century Studios (Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp)
- Fox 2000 Films
- Fox Look
- Fox - Walden
- Searchlight Pictures (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
Download the complete rights holder list to check your coverage.
- My renewal license start date is before October 12, 2020
- My renewal license start date is on or after October 12, 2020
Determining Rights Holder Coverage
If you wish to look up a specific title, there are different online sources, such as the Internet Movie Database website at IMDb.com. Please note that these sources are not always up to date. If using IMDb.com, search for the title you want to screen and click on your selection. On a mobile device, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “view full site.” Then, scroll down to the “company credits” section of the page. Click on “see more.” On the company credits page review the “distributors” (for movies) and “production companies” (for TV). If the distributor (for movies) or production company (for TV) is listed on the Umbrella License rights holder list, then the title is likely covered.